Tuesday 20 September 2011

Spin Doctor: Steampunk suggestion

I've been thinking about the game genre, and it seems most people want to do a sci-fi game, more specifically a space game. I'm not too fond of that idea, but I thought I'd just throw my ideas out there for people to see.

I think a sci-fi steampunk kind of game could be interesting. It's not as common as space games, so I'm sure we could all come up with some unique ideas that are steampunk related. I'm not sure about the environment, but I did a little research and I found a couple steampunk games, which could be a source of inspiration (P.S: This is genre/environmental research only)

Machinarium - a flash based graphical adventure 2D game.






Plank - Steampunk Puzzle game.




I think steampunk could work well with the core mechanic Vi's group came up with last week. Just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment