Tuesday 5 June 2012

Spin Doctor: Cross Section 3-5

Cross Section 3:



Cross section number 3, drawn up and just been played through.

I found two issues with the cross section:

1. Harland wont fit on the tiny platforms between the ropes.
2. If player falls down, he/she will be stuck... The player can also take advantage of the gaps and rotate and run along the high platforms and in fact get straight to the platform near the stairs. I suggest adding spikes so the player dies if they fall down or try to cheat.

Other than that, the level is good to go, I will just add spikes and make the platforms a little bigger.






Voila! The finished amended cross section that now works 100 %!








Cross Section 4:




Level works perfectly, only one flaw, which is that it's quite a jump to get ahold of the rope  from the first platform to the second.




Amended Cross Section 4:





 I made the platform slightly wider so Harland can reach the rope. Nothing else was changed.





I also timed this cross section, and it took me approx. 9 Seconds to complete the cross section.






Cross Section 5:






Level works perfectly so no need to change it. Completing the level took me approx. 25 seconds. (00:25.1)

No comments:

Post a Comment