Thursday 10 May 2012

Spin Doctor: Preparation for Spin Doctor Paper Playthrough

Time for a new post.... Been a while, I have done a death animation for Harland, which I still need to render and upload on my blog here. But this blog will be about Design; recently, after spring break, we have been working on drawing up and amending level designs, proceeding to play them as paper based level designs using a paper-Harland, basically to find flaws, make sure everything is scaled correctly according to Harland and to improve the levels in general. A few weeks ago we did 3 each, and we chose what levels we wanted to play through ourselves. We have been given a new assignment, and I am doing 5 cross-sections and 5 rooms myself. I have just drawn each and every room and cross-section up, ready for a playthrough. I've used colours to fill in obstacles and objects, to indicate what is a lethal trap and what is an interactive friendly object.For example, green indicates it is a ladder or a rope, whereas red indicates the obstacle/object is a lethal trap of some sort that can kill Harland, which must be avoided. This is mostly done for my own sake, so I have a better understanding of the level while playing. I have drawn up Jonny, Mark and Adams' levels, as seen below:

(P.S. I will be making a twitter, because that's what Game Designers do! I'll be getting a headstart on Year 3 with one, hopefully, since we will be using one, then. Followers are welcome...)

                                                                 CROSS-SECTIONS






                   



                                                                         ROOMS










No comments:

Post a Comment